In The Beginning . . .

Mexico City, Mexico
Eighteen Years Young
Living for Jesus Christ the risen Lord
Passionate About Music
Life Is Harder, but Far Greater If You Just Let God Drive The Van.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Going home...

I fly out of Mexico City tonight, on my way home. It’s almost a surreal experience. . So often I have thought about home, and looked forward to the moment when I get on a plane and go. But of course now the time is here, and this strange feeling overwhelms me, Bitter-Sweet.
I’ve spent my life on the East Coast of Australia, yet the last 7 months I have spent in West Coast Australia and Mexico City. Why is it that now I don’t know where I belong?
Mexico City – meeting my Mexican brothers and sisters, experiencing a new culture, language, food, music and seeing God in a way I never thought I would. The people in YWAM Perth and all around the world that I’ve had a privilege to learn from and grow with. I’ve never experienced anything like this, and the thought of going home becomes somewhat daunting. I’ve realised that home isn’t my house, but home is where my heart is. Home is Mexico City. Home is Perth. Home is Family and my dogs. Home is living the life God has planned for me.

1 comment:

  1. Looking foward to seeing you 'home' beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete